Monday, September 22, 2008

Aisyah does not want to brush her teeth


















I had to find a creative solution since all normal efforts have proven failed. All the fancy toothbrushes; from glittery Sleepy Beauty to the fluorescent Shrek didnt help, and nor did the new bath robe with little fairies on it. Aisyah was really testing my creativity. Then I thought about the digital media. I have been looking at the potential of the new media to demonstrate the effects of certain actions on others, for example design decisions on the built environment. I have used it at three different offices and proven the impact in my lengthy report. I have also written about it in a dissertation.

Hmmm..I thought, why not use the same technique to show my dear little girl the effects of not brushing would do to her teeth. So, I started this little project and I did 2 sets, one on her and the other one on her elder sister Icha so that she wouldnt cry when she sees that she is the only one who gets to become ugly. In the first stage, I used Adobe Photoshop and it involved a series of picture of Aisyah with a wide smile, showing the levels of degradation on her teeth. The next step is putting it all together with some text and other photos in a movie maker to show the impact. However, I could not post the movie in this blog yet due to some technical problems with my laptop.

7 comments:

Win said...

Salaam mimi,
hey apart from being `canggih' this is practical and fun! this reminds me of those adverts where there is the `before' you put on the makeup and `after' effects..well, I was just looking at those adverts for you know studying and the weather has really put a strain on my skin with jerawat playing havoc on my face...c ya!

Mimi Zaleha Abdul Ghani said...

Win...remember how our friends look when they first came back from their studies, I mean PhD specifically? I think we should start paying attention to our looks. Muka I pun basuh ala kadar aje, no more toner and stuffs. This jeans and raglans are not doing good for us, but gosh...arent they soo confortable!!

Win said...

I think you look cool...btw are raglans the same as `jerseys' in kiwi or sweatshirts? I really like contacting through blogs than emails...they are more fun and I get to read your's and other friends adventures..eg. Puziah's car misfortune...

Mimi Zaleha Abdul Ghani said...

Thanks for sharing my thoughts Chris. Your blog is cool

Anonymous said...

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Creative la Sue ni. ;D

Nizam said...

creative mama!

P. Whiter said...

Eating Habits A lot of foods have staining properties that will, over time, affect the whiteness of your teeth. Foods like berries, soy sauce, and curry are all dark foods that can stain your teeth. You don't need to give up any of these foods however, simply remember to brush your teeth after each meal or snack. Also, the more raw and natural foods you eat, the better. Fast food and chemical-based processed foods are much more likely to leave stains.Drinking Habits Coffee, soda, wine and tea also contribute to yellowed teeth. Not only do they satin, but hot and cold temperatures also make your teeth more vulnerable to stains, making hot coffee that much worse. Like with food, brush after drinking staining substances, but not directly after wards or you could wear down tooth enamel.